Saturday, October 2, 2010

Oh the Things You Can Do!

Aaaah, there is something amazing about white cardstock. You can make it into ANYTHING you want to.

For this project, I simply gathered an armload of mists, some molding paste, two pieces of white cardstock, two chipboard birds, and a leftover branch from Prima.... 

Using a combination of handcut circle masks, and a brayer, I combined pinks, oranges, and yellow to make my sunset. (I first misted the entire white page with purple.) I then used a sponge brush to add my land and reflections to the water... dipping into the mists. Using molding paste I added texture around where I wanted my sun to be, glued down a distressed circle, brushed on some more orange mist with a baby wipe, and then after the paste dried - I used my sewing machine to add a bit more sunset to the page. The altered branch, birds, and journaling strips were the final additions. 

What am I going to do with a non-picture, quote page, you ask?

As I am a collector of quotes, and have hundreds jotted down in various books; I have decided to create a quote book by creating a page for each one that reflects the way the words make me feel. :) 
Are there any quotes you love, that you would like to share with me? If I have enough people leave me a quote for inspiration, I will pick one quote out, and create a layout for it... how's that sound?

xx Heidi
Pin It!

3 comments:

Louise Williams said...

you are such an amazing artist, I totally love this! I love using quotes too and this one is a fave: Courage doesn‘t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, I‘ll try again tomorrow.

forever said...

Like your blog'S style!! Please keep on working hard. ^^

Broni said...

This is just fabulous, Heidi!! I love quotes, but can never remember them! The only one that sticks in my head is "Don't eat yellow snow!"