Thursday, May 6, 2010

Corrugated... Cardstock?

Using corrugated cardboard for your scrapbook projects is a hot trend right now, and this week I found a fun way to make my cardstock appear as though it were a part of the cardboard background. In my layout below, the background was a piece of corrugated cardboard that already had the front ripped off. (See… I thought I would prep it for use months ago, and then I never did.) When creating this layout, however, I really wanted the front layer to appear distressed rather than plain missing. (So much for that prep work!)
I matched up a piece of cardstock to the background color of the cardboard.. I cut the paper into a 6 inch by 12 inch piece, and glued it to my cardboard and let dry. I then ripped it off, just like I did originally with the front layer months ago! I sprayed it with water to create the water bubbling on the top right, glimmer misted and painted!
“Oh, How She Loved Those Boots”



So if you ever find yourself in a pinch, wanting that front layer back on your corrugated cardboard… now you know what to do!
xx Heidi
Pin It!

No comments: