Monday, May 3, 2010

Water Effects!




Today I am going to show you a fun way to add the appearance of water to your projects! We will be making these circle and flower blossoms, however, the technique can be used on just about any embellishment you make. :)
Here is what you will need:
A sheet of transparency
One sheet of  Cardstock

Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink (I used “Stream”)
Cosmetic sponge or alcohol applicator
Stencil, template, or die-cut machine for your layered blossom (circle or flower)
Tiny glass beads (optional)

1. Cut out your layered blossom from your transparency sheet. I used my Cricut Expressions, but this can very easily be done using a stencil or any other personal cutting machine. Then separate all the layers from one another.
2. Cut out your layered blossom from your sheet of cardstock and set aside.
3. Sloppily add a layer of Glossy Accents to all the transparency pieces. Let set for a couple minutes, but do not let dry completely.

4. Take either a piece of scrap paper, cling wrap, or plastic, crumple it up and then blot all over the Glossy Accents. This splatters the “water”. I then added some tiny silver glass beads for a fun effect.

5. Let dry completely.
6. Turn your layers on to their backside, and apply alcohol ink randomly on the layers.

7. After this has dried, use your favorite liquid adhesive (I used my Glossy Accents here as well), to attach each transparency to it’s partner in cardstock. For the circle blossom I made, I glued them a little “off” for another fun effect.

xx Heidi
Pin It!

No comments: