Monday, September 27, 2010

Ramblings... an Art Journal.

I knew when I saw the Maya Road canvas mini album and large cream tags in my DT box for Your Scrapbook Stash, that I wanted to make an art journal by combining both. 


The tags were perfect additions for pages, and journaling blocks, once I cut them down. I painted some black, others were misted with Maya Mist in Seafoam, and I placed them on top of or inbetween the canvas pages that I had already gesso'd and painted. I also layered Buttermilk Cream, Maya Misted, cheesecloth inbetween for added interest. Torn pages from an old book, helped to create the shaggy look that I desired.


The front of the album is painted in a crazy hot pink, and the little bits and bobbles are from my jewelry box and a ziploc bag of mish mash. What is mish mash, you ask? While I am creating, I don't throw out the bits of adhesive backing, the sand, or any teeny pieces of papers from punching holes. I brush all the teeny bits of "trash" into a large ziploc bag after creating a project, specifically saving it to alter art pieces down the road. It can add interesting texture to any project, and can be painted or misted to customize. 

Supplies used from YSS:
Maya Mist: Seafoam, Buttermilk Cream
Maya Road: Canvas mini album
Cream tags 4x8
Bazzill Kraft cardstock
Smooch in Taffy
Making Memories tiny alphas

Other supplies:
Gesso
Hot Pink Paint
Jewelry wire, broken pieces of jewelry, beads
Vintage book pages
Cheesecloth

I have a lot of things up my sleeve to share with you over the next week or two... so stay tuned for some really fun projects, and maybe a scrappy announcement as well... :)

xx Heidi
Pin It!

8 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

ohhhh- I so love this!!!

1CardCreator said...

This is beautiful! I love all the colors and textures! ~Diane

Keri said...

I'm in love with this, as well as your "baggie of mish-mash" idea...I save mine too, in the corner of my craft mat, heh, thinking I'll do something cool with it...but then end up sweeping it into the trash after it's been there a while. :)
Love the crazy hot pink, and the cheesecloth, old paper, & seafoam and buttermilk mists make this super-divine.

Calia Yang said...

OMG!! I love this!!! totally AWESOMELY PUT TOGETHER!!

Lesley Langdon said...

GORGEOUS x 1000! This is stunning, would love to see it in real life!

jonaks said...

wow! this is really gorgeous!!!

Sasha Holloway said...

turned out great ... love it

Mr Monkey said...

I'm a new follower - Please follow me back. For every follower that joins I will be releasing a Unicorn back into the wilds of the New Jersey boardwalk. So please do your part by joining and saving these special creatures. Thanks
Thanks, Mr. Monkey

http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/