Friday, August 6, 2010

A Clutch... Instead of Dinner.

So yesterday I was milling around, getting ready to make dinner for the family, when my DT box from Your Scrapbook Stash arrived. Delighted, I tore into it. It has been weeks since I have created anything because of going on vacation, playing with the kids during their last weeks of summer vacation, etc!

Inside was the Maya Road pennant canvas album... and that was it. I was in a frenzy! My two daughters were following me around the house as I was gathering supplies and bringing them to the kitchen...


"Mommy, what are you doing with that?"

"Umm, Mommy? Why are you cooking your scrappy stuff? And wasn't that supposed to cook dinner?"


"NO, MOMMY! Your boss will be very mad if you ruin that! Don't put that in there!"

"Ohhhhhh, mommmy! That color is pretty!"

(12 hours later... upon them waking up, and after dinner was not made and it turned into a Taco Bell night...)

"Is that for me? Please?! Tell me that is for me! Or her, so I can carry it too!"


I just love how the tea staining worked, especially after adding a few droplets of the alcohol ink into the pot! (I also stained some cream colored May Arts lace.) And those cute little birds perched upon the Prima flower? Those are from the Maya Road birdcage chipboard album. Aren't they shimmery and magnifient? I added some Bronze and Iridescent Pearl Maya Mist to the whole clutch after spritzing onto the birds. To color the birds in first, however, after taking my pennant out of the boiling pot - I dabbed with a baby wipe and then dabbed onto the birds randomly. I then dropped droplets of Tattered Angels Old Lace onto the birds.


I hope you like! You can get the canvas banner, both laces, maya mist, and the chipboard birds all at the YSS store - so head on over there!!!

xx Heidi
Pin It!

6 comments:

Keri said...

You, my dear, are a WIZARD with those inks and mists! Wow, creating THAT out of a plain pennant banner in one night?! It's elegant, gorgeous, and inspiring! YSS is very very lucky to have you!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

oh my god oh my god oh my god!!! Like????? Crazy chicken - I love love love this!!! I want it!!! Can I carry it too?

Wendy Kwok said...

this is sooo amazing. I love it. The whole idea is mind blowing. LOL. You are so creative

AllAmy said...

like it??? Love it. Glad your boss wasn't mad you cooked your work!! ;)

Erica said...

You rock. That is all.

Sue Lui said...

This is way cool Heidi!!!