Saturday, September 27, 2008

Friends, Flowers and Sick Babies





Some of you may know that my five year old daughter Sarenna has been pretty sick the last couple weeks. For those of you who didn't know... she has had about 104 fever, double ear infection, kidney infection, and most recently fell into mono. The baby hasn't been eating for about a week and a half, has a very swollen face, and is sleeping most days away right now. She has been in the ER, and I convinced the docs to let me take her home to keep fluids going, and so far so good... We will be having some more labs run on Monday and I am praying for a lot of improvement so that she isn't hospitalized again.

Anyway.. this morning the doorbell rang. And when we answered it, there was a flower delivery woman standing there asking for Sarenna. A few wonderful, amazing friends from sb.com, Genie (Pookabot), Anne (Taeklund), and Bobbie Jo (BJScrapALot) sent her flowers in a bright cheery, smily faced mug. This put THE biggest smile I have seen on my Sarenna's face in at least a week...and mine too. You ladies are such good friends and my life, as well as my family's has been touched so deeply by all of you. I am so grateful to have met you through the web, and a couple of you in real life, I cannot tell you how much I appreciated this gesture, I love you guys.


Pin It!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, honey, we just wanted that smile to come back!

Stacey said...

awwwww how sweet!!!! I hope she feels better soon!!

stephanie garbett said...

HI HEIDI HOPE SARENNA IS FEELING BETTER NOW I WILL PM YOU IN A LITTLE WHILE HUGS XX

janet said...

That is so sweet of your friends, Heidi! So glad it got her to smile. (she is such a sweety) I didn't know about the mono...poor thing. I hope the tests show that she is doing better. Big hugs to all of you!