Oh my, I am so honored that so many of you have privately asked me about the Easter Egg that I created for Prima! (To see it on their blog, please click HERE) So, I decided to post it here as well, and include some quick tips to re-creating it for yourself.
Here she is... my "NEST EGG"
- Remove paper from outside of egg, and paint with two layers of gesso.
- Cut top 1/3rd of egg at a diagonal in order to look like a hinged top.
- Paint inside and out with Crackle Paint.
- Drip gold metallic alcohol ink on the inside of egg, swirl to randomly coat.
- Using matte knife, carve leaf design and opening in front of egg. Use detail scissors to cut out.
- Poke hole through top of egg lid, hang bird cage using aluminum wire.
- Glue flowers and bird nests to the inside, bottom, of the egg.
- Add metallic floral spray inside and pull through cut out images on the front.
- Adhere Say it in Crystals around the outside of the egg.
- Glue on Cloissone flowers.
540555 Say it in Crystals (outside of egg)
522896 Say it in Crystals (outside of egg)
930066 Vintage Trinkets (bird cage and birdie)
538972 Cloissone Bronze flowers
549336 Candy Gems Berry (inside egg)
552879 Cradle Robin (little nests)
6" Paper Mache Egg
PRO ART 32-Ounce Premium Gesso
Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint
Zots Dots 3-D
Tim Holtz Adirondack Metallics Alcohol Ink
18 Gauge Silver Aluminum Wire
Generic floral spray
So there you have it! I would love to see projects that you create, inspired by this! If you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a picture, you may just be featured in one of my future posts!!