Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fire with 7 Dots Studio

I told you recently that I was so honored to be able to renew my term with 7 Dots Studio, and today I get to bring you some more projects that I have made for them. As seen on their blog this week...


The colors within the 7 Dots Collections are magnificent, a kaleidoscope of fire intense hues… and completely inspired by this “fire” I am so honored to bring you three of my projects today!
The artwork that is right outside our windows, is almost more than I can bear. The world is on fire in this season, and I want to do nothing but put it on display! That is the inspiration behind this layout. Using a few gorgeous scraps from the Dreamer Collection in vivid colors, and the beautiful neutral, yet distressed background “Sleepless” seemed to highlight the photos, not taking from the pictures beauty – but framing it.
The quote, I printed on the page prior to adding all my elements. It reads as this:
“A hidden fire burns perpetually upon the hearth of the world…. In autumn this great conflagration becomes especially manifest. Then the flame that is slowly and mysteriously consuming every green thing bursts into vivid radiance. Every blade of grass and every leaf in the woodlands is cast into the great oven of Nature; and the bright colours of their fading are literally the flames of their consuming. The golden harvest-fields are glowing in the heart of the furnace…. By this autumn fire God every year purges the floor of nature. All effete substances that have served their purpose in the old form are burnt up. Everywhere God makes sweet and clean the earth with fire. ~Hugh Macmillan”
Supplies – 7 Dots Studio:
Dreamer –  Sleepless
Dreamer-  Daydreaming
Dreamer – 12×12 Stickers

And speaking of the fire that burns outside, a woman needs to remember the fire within herself too! Sometimes it is hard to remember that you need to take of yourself, in order to take care of others… especially in the case of motherhood. That was the inspiration behind this project, and what better papers to use than the beautiful Domestic Goddess collection? The soft pinks combined with the vibrant distressing and the bits and pieces that you can fussy cut from within Finnabair’s papers are exquisite!

Supplies – 7 Dots Studio:
7 Dots Chipboard
Domestic Goddess – 12×12 Stickers
Domestic Goddess  - 6×12 Stickers
Domestic Goddess – Collage-Fashionista
Domestic Goddess - Collage-Adverts
Domestic Goddess - Raspberry Pudding

“And Though She May Be Little, She is Fierce”
So true, yes, the colors in the 7 Dots Collection… they all scream boldness, beauty, personality. I love that you can mix the collections, creating intense layouts that are eye-catching and full of interest. The Wonderland papers truly embody all the color that I see life around me in, especially my oldest daughter, Ahna. She is fierce. She is beautiful, she is her own.. and I love that I can capture it so perfectly using 7 Dots.

Supplies – 7 Dots Studio:
Wonderland – Follow the Rabbit
Dreamer - Elements 12×12
Dreamer - Stickers 12×12″
Domestic Goddess – Alpha Stickers 6×12
Domestic Goddess - Raspberry Muffin

As always, friends, I would love to hear what you think. Do you have any 7 Dots products yet?
xx Heidi
Pin It!

1 comment:

Scraps of Elegance said...

Oh Heidi, you truly are inspirational. Thank you.