Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Traveling Home with Prima...

Aaaah, I had so much fun creating this project for the Prima Summer CHA booth.
Too much fun.

I used the Craftsman collection papers to create the swirly tops of the balloon by tearing the pieces of paper into hundreds of pieces, then spraying the pieces of paper with water, then crumpling them and letting them dry. I then attached them with molding paste.
Then I used those amazing Prima masks to create the texture within the lower panels of the balloon, misting them with Shimmer paints to add some color.
And what would a hot air balloon be without a passenger? This little birdy took flight, taking her little bird eggs home (in the back cubby of the balloon.)
Cushioned by flowers of course, and with Prima's new Junkyard Findings (lightbulbs) to help this baby soar... 
Fun, right?! I hope "she" makes it home alright. :)

xx Heidi
Pin It!

3 comments:

Lynne Forsythe said...

I saw this at CHA~S and it is BEYOND AMAZING Heidi!! all the detail.....beyond FANTABULOUS!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh my! I'm almost speechless... what an extraordinarily gorgeous piece of work... the imagination to conceive it, and then the skill to make it so beautifully - WOW (okay, so not speechless then...)!!
Alison x

Lesley Langdon said...

Heidi - this is stunning! I love your color choices.