Saturday, January 21, 2012

7 Dots Cultural Extras "Let's Dance"

Every month, 7Dots DT Coordinator Extraordinaire, Finnabair, comes up with some incredible challenges offering inspiration to all kinds of crafters and scrappers. This challenge was to use lyrics, or dance as a starting point for your projects.
Here is my project for this! It is based off of a layout that I did years ago, when my Sarenna was only 4. Even then she liked to twirl and dance about...

"Girl Twirl Take 2"
I used 2 sheets of "Sweet Dreams" from the Dreamer Collection, adding strips that I painted with Shimmerz paints, applied art mediums and textures to, as well as lots of strips of masking tape, gesso, and various other bits and bobs. 

You can see the lyrics and more detail in the close-ups below!

Here is the first in this series, from 4 years ago - my style has evolved much since then, but it remains one of my older favorites for certain!!!


I will be back early next week with another project from 7 Dots, but until then, I must bid you farewell as I crank out the rest of my projects for CHA. :) 
xx Heidi

Pin It!

6 comments:

Dara Lynn said...

Absolutely stunning Heidi!!

Tusia Lech said...

I lova your layouts!!

~Etoile~ said...

That's so unique and gorgeous, very like your style

naop said...

awesome Heidi. So much work has been put into every LO you make. Love looking at them closely (literally having my face right against the PC screen! :))

Unknown said...

What fun! Whimsical yet elegant. Love this idea!

ingrid said...

both layouts are just STUNNING!!!!