Sunday, May 1, 2011

Excuses, The Color Room, and Clear Scraps!

I know that I have been a real blog slacker recently... but it is for good reason. For spring break I took all three kiddos on a road trip, stopping off in Michigan and Illinois before we came back to Missouri. We added a new member to the Kelley family, and I became an aunt AGAIN last month - meaning, of course (!) that we all have been traveling to see her and other family for the past month or so. In the midst of all of that, I also had the chance to attend CKC, doing make n'takes for CLEAR SCRAPS, and have been working my toosh off with Alyssa McGrew (and many others) to ensure an amazing launch of her new online crafting go-to place, Miss Art's Papercrafting School (OPEN TODAY!)
What a blast. So while I am behind on posting, I have plenty to get down on paper for the next couple months!

Here is the sweet Kenzie Mae... and yes, Aunt Heidi tortured her (doesn't she look it?) with an impromptu photo shoot. My cousin through marriage, Alisha Kapp, made this adorable tutu, and Emily (Kenzie's mama, and my good friend) and I had fun building a makeshift studio in Kenzie's Grandma's kitchen. Far from professionals, you should have seen us, lol!





and here is the color palette for The Color Room, palette #56 that I used for the layout below!



 The layout... and her sweet face again. I swear I could just snuzzle her forever.



So will you forgive my recent absence?

And NOW... My latest Clear Scraps creation!


Working with acrylic has been SO MUCH fun... this was created using the inside rectangle to one of the Decorative Frames, and a 12x12 sheet of extruded acylic. PERFECT for using Shimmerz paints on, as well as a Viva Pearl Pen! I only wish that I could capture this layout better without the easel. : )
Here are some close-ups....



xx Heidi
Pin It!

3 comments:

Tanya Batrak said...

WOW! Looks gorgeous! :)

Unknown said...

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab! You rock Girl!

Janine K said...

This page is AMAZING