Friday, September 3, 2010

Sketch Friday

I posted a sketch on the Your Scrapbook Stash blog today... here it is!


And here is the layout that I created for it! 


I had a fantastic time using the Basic Grey and Sassafras Lass papers, 
and of course some Maya Mist and texture pastes! I cut little squares and pieced them together so that they would appear somewhat quilted, and then added texture paste in the place of stitching for a fun detail. The lace is leftover from my "Love Nest" clutch, and had been tea stained and dyed with alcohol inks. 

A few close-ups so that you can see the details!
These papers were PERFECT for the 9 year old portraits I took of Ahna a couple weeks ago. They are soft colored, but took on a bit of edginess when I roughed it up and added some texture. 

Now to scrap Sarenna's 7 yr old portraits, and Jax's 4 mo, 6 mo, and 8 mo. photos! 
Hmmm... what to use... what to use...
xx Heidi
Pin It!

1 comment:

Solange Marques said...

I love the techniques that you use!They are fantastic!!
I love texture im my works too.